Aris Limassol v Rangers - 17:45 k/o Thursday 5/10/23

Well at least the players have had a few days to come to terms with Beale leaving and for Steven Davis to set out his expectations and gameplan.  It will be interesting to see if the team are more relaxed and have some belief or a point to prove - or if they still have their heads down.

Either way, nothing less than 3 points will be enough against weaker opposition.  

Looking forward to some actual football and blocking out the noise over the next manager debate.

Reckon Davo will go with a tried and tested team along these lines:

Butland
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic
Lundstram
Jack
Raskin (if fit - has been training)
Lammers
Sima
Roofe

Obviously struggling with injuries just now so may see some game time for the younger lads on the B list.

Very hard position for Davis to be in, it’s virtually impossible for him to just get tore into them after last night when morale is already so low. Goldson’s interview was very telling I thought, ‘it’s rubbish, we have to say sorry but all we seem to do is apologise these days’. I think the state of mind of the entire squad is absolutely destroyed.

7 hours ago, MicMac said:

Very hard position for Davis to be in, it’s virtually impossible for him to just get tore into them after last night when morale is already so low. Goldson’s interview was very telling I thought, ‘it’s rubbish, we have to say sorry but all we seem to do is apologise these days’. I think the state of mind of the entire squad is absolutely destroyed.

Yep  - time to rip the nucleus of serial losers out the team and start again. 

Beyond disgraceful performance. Too many players in this team are happy to down tools when the going gets tough. So many just going through the motions.

Tav talked about the players feeling responsible for Beale losing his job then they turned in that performance with Davis in the dug out. 
Goldson said post match that we are doing too much talking yet he’s the prime example. Always shouting at everyone else to cover up his failings. Still not convinced he should have played again after his comments post Hibs in the SC semi after Gerrard left. 
I could sit here all day going through each player but ultimately it doesn’t make a difference till a new manager comes in and hopefully wields the axe. 

• Like 2