Europa League it is

Ah well, CL wasn't to be this year.  At least we have half a chance of progressing from Pot 2.

Draw is Friday 12 noon BST. 

Pot 1                          coef.             Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
West Ham United          Eng  50.000             Glasgow Rangers @4       Sco  54.000
Liverpool                Eng 123.000             Sporting CP Lisbon       Por  52.500
AS Roma                  Ita  97.000             Slavia Praha *3          Cze  52.000
Ajax *4                  Ned  89.000             Stade Rennais            Fra  44.000
Villarreal               Esp  82.000             Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  39.000
Bayer Leverkusen         Ger  72.000             Real Betis               Esp  37.000
Atalanta                 Ita  55.500             LASK *4                  Aut  36.000
Dinamo Zagreb @3         Cro  55.000             Olympique Marseille @3   Fra  33.000

Pot 3                          coef.             Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
Qarabag FK @2            Azb  25.000             Sturm Graz @3            Aut  12.500
Slovan Bratislava @3     Svk  24.500             Toulouse FC              Fra  12.232
Molde FK @4              Nor  24.000             AEK Athens @4            Gre  11.000
Brighton & Hove Albion   Eng  21.914             Aberdeen *4              Sco   8.000
Sheriff Tiraspol @2      Mol  19.500             TSC Backa Topola @3      Srb   6.475
Union Saint-Gilloise *4  Bel  19.000             Servette FC Genève @3    Sui   6.335
SC Freiburg              Ger  16.496             Panathinaikos @4         Gre   5.045
Maccabi Haifa @4         Isr  13.000             Raków Czestochowa @4     Pol   5.000

Some teams still to be confirmed in the pots. The only way we'd make Pot 1 is if Ajax lost to Ludogorets or Zagreb lost to Sparta Prague but they're 4-1 and 3-1 up respectively. Pot 2 looking very likely for us.

The other qualifiers tomorrow night stand as follows.  (highlighted teams as above in the draw).

Dinamo Zagreb 3-1 Sparta Prague
Ajax 4-1 Ludogorets
Slavia Prague 2-0 FK Zorya Luhansk
Olympiakos 3-1 Cucarucki
LASK 2-1 Zrinjski
Qarabag 2-0 O. Lubljana
Slovan Bratislava 2-1 Aris
Sheriff Tiraspol 1-1 Klaksvik
USG 2-0 Lugano
Aberdeen  2-2 Hacken

Will update tomorrow night once the qualifiers are done.

Good to see this forum back!

was disappointed in tonight but realistically we are never a champions league team. It’s nice to have the pipe dream of the money and all that sort of stuff but realistically, I want to be in competitions that we are genuinely in contention for. 

There is a heck of a lot of convincing to do just now but Europa is our level just now.

Oh, and Celtic are never a champions league team. Never.

• Like 1

Sore one to take considering the money on offer but ultimately Europa League is our level. We can’t compete with teams who are spending 10+ millions on players while selling others for more. 

Money a side I’d rather watch us competing in the Europa League than watching us be played off the park in the CL while trying to keep score down. 

• Like 1

Took an absolute drubbing last night.. was sore to watch. Don't think we were quite ready for the CL again this year (especially after last season). With the transfer window closing tomorrow night let's hope MB brings in a winger and a centre back.

I think it's about time to drop (or even move on) Barisic and Goldson. (I'd drop Tav too in all honesty) But instead, push him into a winger role, as he's decent going forward but an awful defender ... Try him on the wing for a couple of games. 

As for Beales tactics ....., baffling! Not just last night, but since he's come in. 

Big statement result needed on Sunday from the players and manager, but even with a win, I still think Beale is treading water. 

3 hours ago, Blue_Steele-NI said:

I think it's about time to drop (or even move on) Barisic and Goldson. (I'd drop Tav too in all honesty) But instead, push him into a winger role, as he's decent going forward but an awful defender ... Try him on the wing for a couple of games. 

As for Beales tactics ....., baffling! Not just last night, but since he's come in. 

Big statement result needed on Sunday from the players and manager, but even with a win, I still think Beale is treading water. 

Deffo. Beale may be in trouble if we don’t get a result against them.

His signings haven’t really set the heather on fire at all. There’s a degree of regression in Raskin as well. Though he remains one of our better players.

I hate to say it but at the core of a lot of what’s been wrong in our past few seasons is Tav. He gets goals. He gets forward, but as a captain who should be the anchor of our defence he just isn’t.

Goldson had a mare but I still think he’s blows hotter than he blows cold. Albeit he again isn’t incredible.

Souttar again has shown flashes but needs consistency.

We really need to dispatch of Barasic, and also bring in a new LB. I would also really like to see a different RB with Tav more pushing into mid maybe?

We have the bones of a good team. But they need to perform sooner rather than later.

Danilo for example as a “headline” signing hardly featuring is troubling to me.

I am baffled why we didn’t go for Van Veen and/Or Duk.

2 hours ago, MicMac said:

Betis (H)
Aris (A)
Sparta (A) 
Sparta (H) 
Aris (H)
Betis (A)

September 21 - Real Betis, 8.00pm (H)

October 5 - Aris Limassol, 5.55pm (A)

October 26 - Sparta Prague, 5.55pm (A)

November 9 - Sparta Prague, 8.00pm (H)

November 30 - Aris Limassol, 8.00pm (H)